Join Justin Seeley for an in-depth discussion in this video Importing your own contacts into LinkedIn, part of Learning LinkedIn (2015).
- Another great way to add several connections at one time on LinkedIn is to simply import your email contact list. In this movie I'll show you exactly how to do that. So once I have added my first connection it takes me to a screen that looks something like this. And what I want to do from this screen is I want to import my contacts directly. So I can choose my email service of choice depending on what it is. In this case I'm just gonna choose any email. And what I'll do is fill in my information here. It'll tell you that it doesn't currently support that webmail service. If that happens, that's okay.
It says please try a different service or import your desktop contacts. So what I'll do is come down here to the bottom and choose Upload a contacts file. So if you're not using Gmail, Outlook, Yahoo!, Hotmail or AOL and you're just using some webmail service that came with, let's say a webhost that you're using, then this might be the best option for you. If you're using one of these services, or if you're using Comcast, AT&T, Verizon etc., you will be able to just log into your account and upload your contacts that way. In this case though I'm just going to upload my contacts file. Choose the file, it should be out on my desktop right there.
Contacts and I'll hit Choose. Once I do that I'll hit Upload File. That's going to then upload these into the system. And once those have been loaded I'll be able to view them. So here I have all of my connections. You can see I have Jerry Zedmore who I've already added as a connection before. Elaine Jackson and also George Bailey. Once I have these people here I can add these three connections to my LinkedIn profile. I do that and that's automatically going to send those people a connection request. And hopefully they will accept it once they've received it.
You'll notice here that it says thanks for searching your contacts. Come back anytime to find connections. It's gonna ask you do you use Gmail, no. Outlook, no. Yahoo! Mail, no. Hotmail, no. AOL, no. And then it's gonna say see more people you know if you continue it's gonna take you to a list of folks that you might think that you know. In this case though I'm just gonna click Manage Imported Contacts. That's gonna show me all of the contacts here. Anybody who is in this list I can add or remove and manage directly from this list. I can also invite any of the contacts that I select directly to connect to me over here on the right-hand side.
As people start to accept my connection requests, I will see that pop up up here in the top in my notifications area. I haven't seen that yet but hopefully we'll see that as we continue through the course.
- What makes a LinkedIn profile stand out?
- Adding work experience and education to your profile
- Finding and adding contacts
- Sending messages
- Sharing status updates and content from the web
- Asking for, and providing, recommendations
- Interacting with companies
- Finding a job on LinkedIn
- Starting and growing a group
- Managing your account