Join May Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video How and why to join groups, part of LinkedIn for Veterans.
- One of the most popular ways that service members…and veterans on LinkedIn grow their professional network…is to join LinkedIn groups.…LinkedIn has more than two million active groups…where members can search for and join a community…of like-minded professionals who are in the same industry…or share similar interests.…The more than 1,000 military and veteran focus groups…are some of the most active on LinkedIn.…Each branch of the military has their own group,…and there is also a veteran mentor network group…that can connect you to potential mentors.…You can think of these groups as online units or squads…with a common mission for the group members.…
- [Narrator] To find groups you want to join,…click the main navigation bar, select the magnifying glass…to expand your view, and then choose Groups.…Type in your keywords or group name to search,…such as project manger,…to find groups that may be relevant to you.…One group we recommend is the veteran-mentor network.…Click Ask to join to request membership.…The group administrator will review your request…
Find out how to become a LinkedIn member and discover special offers just for veterans at https://veterans.linkedin.com/.
- Creating a strong LinkedIn profile
- Writing a compelling summary
- Adding your work experience
- Adding skills and endorsements to your profile
- Using the Education, Honors, and Awards features
- Connecting with other LinkedIn members
- Finding open job opportunities
- Using Linked Learning to build skills
- Getting a free LinkedIn premium subscription