LinkedIn now supports conversion tracking for Sponsored Content, giving advertisers the ability to gather insights on post-click and view-through conversions of campaigns, and measure ROI. Conversion tracking relies on the LinkedIn Insight Tag, which must be installed on the pages where conversions are being tracked.
- [Instructor] Getting started with conversion tracking for sponsored content is relatively straightforward so please don't be intimidated. And if you've set up conversion tracking in another advertising platform, the process will be very similar. Now, to get started, the first thing we'll need to do is either create a new account or click into an existing one. What we'll do next is get a Java Script tag that needs to be added to the website so LinkedIn can track and measure the conversion events. You can do that by going into account assets and clicking into conversion tracking.
Now, you'll see the screen only the first time that you're setting up conversion tracking. Enter a valid domain and then click continue. Now in the case that you already have conversion tracking set up for another account, hover over account assets and click into insight tag. Now here you can either copy the tag or send the instructions to yourself. From this page you can also manage permissions. What you want to do is copy the tag and place it within every page of your website where you want to track conversions.
At the very least I'll place the tag on the thank you page that a member sees after submitting say, a form, on your landing page. You can tag every page of your site by adding the tag to the site's global footer. And the easiest way to do that is by pasting the tag right before the ending body tag within your sites code. Now next let's explore manage permissions option. Here you can add multiple accounts to this one insight tag so multiple ad accounts can use the same tag. Remember that you can only have one insight tag per website and can never have two, so this is a critical step.
To add an account click into add another account and simply go into that account and copy the URL from the address bar and paste it in. Now you have two different options for access, full access and use only access. Full access grants the account that is getting permission to grant access to other accounts, which means that it can now share the same insight tag. Use only access does not give that permission, it only gives permission to use the tag. So if you wanted to have that account grant other accounts access select full access and click add account.
Once you're done with all your changes simply click save. Now once you've completed this step and got everything installed, you're ready to create your first conversion.
- Discovering content you already have
- Developing new content
- Promoting content through your employees
- Creating a campaign
- Navigating the Campaign Manager ads platform
- Creating a new Sponsored Update campaign
- Creating a new Lead Gen Form campaign
- Setting a budget and schedule for your campaign
- Adding conversion tracking to a campaign
- Campaign reporting
- Optimizing your campaign
- Rich media and targeting best practices