Join May Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video How do we inspire veterans?, part of LinkedIn for Veterans.
- I think being inspirational is a huge piece to service members being successful in their transition, and really focus on what is unique about my story and how could that inspire other people? When you're going into a networking event or you're reaching out and sending a note on LinkedIn, try to look for a way to make it inspirational for that other person. And you've done inspirational things. If you've been in the military, you have done inspirational things that people in the private sector will really respect. And so, look for those little points like hey, I went on a deployment to Iraq, I went on a deployment to Afghanistan and I affected the lives of the people that live there.
I served internationally, I'm proud of my service. Just stating things like that when you're reaching out to people is really inspiring for those in the private sector, so I encourage every service member to do that while they're transitioning, and it really will help you have a successful transition.
Find out how to become a LinkedIn member and discover special offers just for veterans at https://veterans.linkedin.com/.
- Creating a strong LinkedIn profile
- Writing a compelling summary
- Adding your work experience
- Adding skills and endorsements to your profile
- Using the Education, Honors, and Awards features
- Connecting with other LinkedIn members
- Finding open job opportunities
- Using Linked Learning to build skills
- Getting a free LinkedIn premium subscription