Join Greg Call for an in-depth discussion in this video How did you make the transition from military to professional life?, part of LinkedIn for Veterans (2016).
- So for me, my transition, what I really wanted to do, I was a little bit unique because I had already worked in the private sector before so I knew a little bit of what to expect and I know many men and women don't have that privilege. But for me, I really wanted to take everything that I loved about the military and that was a mission driven life. So waking up every morning and knowing exactly what my purpose was and it was to accomplish the mission at hand and also to take care of the men and women that were under my command. So I wanted to take a little bit of that into the private sector as well for me.
So what I did was create a mission statement for myself, basically, for the rest of my life. That was, I wanted to build technology solutions to improve the lives of the military community. That's really driven me, moving forward, and allowed me to stay focused on this path that I've been on, up until this point. So I really encourage service members as they're transitioning out, to try to really remain mission driven with their lives and purpose driven. Create that mission statement for yourself and that will help with a successful transition.
Find out how to join LinkedIn and get special offers just for veterans at https://veterans.linkedin.com/.
- Drawing attention to your LinkedIn profile
- Writing a compelling summary
- Adding your skills, experience, and education
- Growing your LinkedIn network
- Finding open job opportunities
- Learning with Lynda.com