Join May Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video How critical are mentors to transitioning veterans?, part of LinkedIn for Veterans.
- Mentors are huge.…I've had two specific mentors in my life…that have really made the difference in allowing me…to do a lot of things that I wanted to do with my life…when I transitioned out of the military.…I think the key here is just to realize…that you've always had mentors in the military.…Ever since day one, basic training,…your drill sergeants, they were your mentors.…As you progressed through the ranks,…always your team leader, your platoon sergeants,…your officers, where always somebody that were trying…to mentor you and work on your skills…and trying to get you to the next level professionally.…
And when you transition out of the military,…take that same mindset.…Don't think that you don't need that support anymore,…you do need that support.…So, look for mentors that you think could help…take you to the next level professionally…as you're transitioning out of the military.…LinkedIn, great way to find mentors.…I know for me, personally, as a veteran,…I accept all veterans that reach out to me…and want to ask me questions,…
Find out how to become a LinkedIn member and discover special offers just for veterans at https://veterans.linkedin.com/.
- Creating a strong LinkedIn profile
- Writing a compelling summary
- Adding your work experience
- Adding skills and endorsements to your profile
- Using the Education, Honors, and Awards features
- Connecting with other LinkedIn members
- Finding open job opportunities
- Using Linked Learning to build skills
- Getting a free LinkedIn premium subscription