Recommendations can make a difference on your LinkedIn profile. Learn how they are different from skills and endorsements, and find out the best way to ask for a recommendation.
- [Voiceover] "Should I have recommendations on my profile?…"How many, how do I ask for them?"…are all questions I get asked often.…Let's take a look at some answers together.…First off, should I have recommendations on my profile?…Yes, is the answer.…How important is it, when you buy a book on Amazon,…to read the reviews?…Pretty important, right?…It is similar with recommendations on your LinkedIn profile.…But be careful not to put…one of those general recommendations on it.…Let's look at a couple of examples.…
Krystle is a great person with a brilliant sense of humor.…What does it tell you?…Almost nothing, besides the impression…that it might be written by a friend of Krystle, right?…How useful is this, not really.…Now, compare it to this one.…Instead of a vague recommendation, make it to the point,…with tangible results, like the 10 to 15 percent.…It is rich with detail, preferably with exact numbers,…like the 92 percent customer satisfaction,…and indicate your relationship,…and give examples to the person's key skills…
- Upgrading your professional LinkedIn headline
- Specifying your contact information
- Aligning your personal, professional, and corporate branding
- Using videos to stand out
- Presenting your results, not your résumé
- Enhancing your prior experience
- Using rich media to share your experience
- Publishing content on LinkedIn
- Making your education relevant in a changing economy
- Adding personal touches to your profile
- Maximizing key words
- Creating an action plan to update your profile
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Get Started with the Essentials
2. Your Contact Information
3. Your Summary
4. Your Experience
5. Create Your Own Brand
Publish content on LinkedIn3m 13s
6. Skills and Recommendations
7. Your Education
8. Make the Most of Your Personality
9. Extra Strategies to Stand Out
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.