Join May Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Get free LinkedIn premium subscription, part of LinkedIn for Veterans.
- [Instructor] In order to demonstrate our commitment to empowering service members and veterans to reach their full potential, LinkedIn offers a free one-year premium membership which includes a subscription to LinkedIn Learning. This offer is only redeemable at veterans.linkedin.com. From the main Veterans homepage, click the blue Sign up now button. This form will allow you to redeem your one-year free subscription to both LinkedIn Premium and LinkedIn Learning. Complete the required sections, including your public profile URL and the email you use to log on to LinkedIn, your account will then be automatically upgraded in seven to 10 days.
Once you've been upgraded, you'll see a gold LinkedIn logo appear on your profile top card. We already talked about all the benefits of LinkedIn Learning, let's now outline what you'll get with your free premium account. First, we've added a number of personalized insights to LinkedIn Jobs to not only help you find a job, but the right job. When you're on the LinkedIn Jobs homepage, you'll see jobs where your a top applicant, other jobs you may be interested in, and companies that are growing quickly in career fields similar to yours.
Once you find a job that interests you, you'll see which of your connections work there, how you stack up against other applicants, and the company's growth and hiring trends. You'll also see people from your branch of service, other former employer or school who work at the company, the team you might work with if you get the job, and information about your potential salary for this role. To explore our salary tool further, you'll find a link to LinkedIn Salary at the top of our Jobs' tab, where you can check out salary insights by industry, company size, education level, and field of study.
Remember, as a Premium member, you get three InMails a month, which you can use to connect with hiring managers and other professionals who can help you connect to opportunity. Once you have signed up for your free account upgrade, feel free to click through the rest of the LinkedIn for Veterans site. You'll find additional informational resources that will continue to help you connect with opportunity. At LinkedIn, we are proud to offer these free one-year accounts in honor of your service, so take advantage of this opportunity right now and redeem them.
Find out how to become a LinkedIn member and discover special offers just for veterans at https://veterans.linkedin.com/.
- Explain how to choose the most appropriate profile picture for a LinkedIn profile.
- Recognize three characteristics of an impactful summary.
- Identify the most difficult part of a profile for veterans to complete.
- Recall how to order skills in the skills section of a LinkedIn profile.
- Summarize three functions of a professional network.
- Identify three sections of the LinkedIn mobile app.