As a United States veteran, you have access to a one year free subscription of Lynda.com and LinkedIp premium. In this movie Greg Call will walk you through the process of signing up for these services. These additional resources can help you learn more skills, connect with others, and find job opportunities.
- [Voiceover] In order to demonstrate our commitment to empowering service members and veterans to reach their full potential, LinkedIn offers a free one year premium job seeker subscription and free one year lynda.com subscription. Both of these offers are only redeemable at veterans.linkedin.com. Once you have reached this site, you can view a quick video on our services. But I want to focus your attention on the two call to action buttons at the bottom of your screen. Click on Free Courses on lynda.com. This form will allow you to redeem your one year free subscription to lynda.com, an online learning platform with over 4,000 business, technical, and creative courses.
Complete the required sections and then click Request Access Code. You will receive an email with an access code within 7 to 10 days to begin your free year of learning. Next, click on Free Job Seeker Account and repeat the process. Your account will be automatically upgraded in 7 to 10 days. You will see Premium in the upper left corner of the LinkedIn homepage. We already talked about all the benefits of lynda.com, but let's outline what you'll get with your free job seeker account.
LinkedIn job seeker provides you with enhanced features that help you to get noticed by potential employers, get connected to hiring managers, and get ahead with premium insights. Your job seeker account will take that profile that you just created and make it more prominent in recruiter searchers, while designating you as a featured applicant. You will be able to see all the LinkedIn members that have viewed your profile and receive 10 monthly inmail credits to personally reach out to recruiters and other members.
You will get additional information about how you stack up against other applicants for jobs. Once you have signed up for your free Lynda and job seeker accounts. Feel free to scroll through the rest of the LinkedIn for veterans site. You will find additional informational resources that will continue to help you connect with opportunity. At LinkedIn we are proud to offer these free one year accounts in honor of your service, so take advantage of this opportunity right now and redeem them.
Find out how to join LinkedIn and get special offers just for veterans at https://veterans.linkedin.com/.
- Drawing attention to your LinkedIn profile
- Writing a compelling summary
- Adding your skills, experience, and education
- Growing your LinkedIn network
- Finding open job opportunities
- Learning with Lynda.com