- Finding the right skills to learn
- Making a learning game plan
- Knowing your learning style
- Making learning stick
- Adding certificates to your profile
Skill Level Beginner
- Hello, and welcome to this short course on gaining new skills using LinkedIn Learning. I'm Aaron Quigley, and I'm the Content Manager for Education and Instructional Design here at LinkedIn and will be your guide as we start to explore how to make the most of the LinkedIn Learning platform. This course is ultimately all about you. Every person is unique when it comes to how they learn. And LinkedIn Learning is created with unique individuals in mind. In this course we'll explore how to find the right content for your learning style, how to set measurable learning goals, and then how to make the most learning features so that you achieve these goals.
Along the way, we'll draw upon the research of neuroscience of learning and learning theories that relate to the features of LinkedIn Learning. I'll even provide some expert guidance that you can follow as you start diving into the content. We'll wrap up this course by exploring the best ways to make the learning stick so that you truly gain new knowledge that you can apply to your career or hobbies. So whether you're learning new skills for a new career, becoming more proficient in your current job, or just honing your skills as a hobbyist, we want to help you be successful. Let's go ahead and get started by opening up our web browser and navigating to LinkedIn Learning.
What was changed when the course was updated 02//09/2017?
Updates were made to the following topics: malleable intelligence, setting a learning goal, active vs. passive learning, and joining the online conversation.