Join May Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Find open job opportunities, part of LinkedIn for Veterans.
- So now that you've developed your profile…and are building your professional network…we're on to the final phase of our mission.…Let's explore how LinkedIn can help…kickstart your post-military career.…LinkedIn has more than 5 million…job opportunities, or postings, listed on the site,…and we have built tools to make it…super easy to find the right opportunity for you.…This video will show you how to utilize…those tools in your job search.…In general it's a good idea to start…with a fairly broad search…and then add search filters to narrow down your results.…
- [Female Instructor] Say you're looking…for a role as a project manager.…Begin by clicking on the "Jobs" tab…on the main navigation bar.…Next, type in "project manager" in the white search field.…From here let's narrow our search…by looking at jobs specifically at LinkedIn.…You can add companies if you don't see…their names on the list.…There are a number of other filters such as location.…
From here choose a job you're interested in…and click on the job title to read the job description.…
Find out how to become a LinkedIn member and discover special offers just for veterans at https://veterans.linkedin.com/.
- Creating a strong LinkedIn profile
- Writing a compelling summary
- Adding your work experience
- Adding skills and endorsements to your profile
- Using the Education, Honors, and Awards features
- Connecting with other LinkedIn members
- Finding open job opportunities
- Using Linked Learning to build skills
- Getting a free LinkedIn premium subscription