LinkedIn offers both a free version as well as a Premium version. There are several types of Premium versions which give you more tools and features to utilize.
- [Instructor] Throughout this course, I've been switching back and forth between two different accounts. One is the account that I created for Tracy Westbay, and the other was mine. Now you might have noticed that there were some differences between the two accounts, both in the way they looked and in some of the functionality that they had. This is because the account that I created for Tracy is a free, basic account under Linkedin. The one that I had is one with a premium membership that I pay for. So there are some additional benefits and features that I receive through a premium account. However, a basic, free account on LinkedIn is extremely powerful, and you still have the ability to connect with other people, the ability to look up jobs and apply for them on here.
You have the ability to follow companies, get a customized newsfeed, and much more. On this website, you can see some of the differences, where it shows the difference between a LinkedIn free account and a premium subscription. I'm going to navigate over to Tracy Westbay's account. I want to point out one important thing here. If you want to try LinkedIn premium, you have the ability to do that. In the upper right corner, it tells you here, try premium for free. If I click on that, it allows me to have a free trial of using LinkedIn premium.
So in other words, if you're considering getting a premium account but you're not quite sure if it's what you want, you have the ability to try that out. Now, with premium accounts, there are different types. First of all, you have the Career premium account, which is if you're looking to get hired and get ahead, so that's someone looking for jobs. You have a premium account for businesses, if you want to grow and nurture your network. There's one for Sales, if you want to unlock sales opportunities, as well as one for Hiring. This is to find and hire talent.
If you want to get a LinkedIn premium account, you would select the plan that best fits your needs on the LinkedIn network.
- Creating an effective LinkedIn profile
- Configuring a public profile and profile URL
- Finding and adding connections
- Exploring messages
- Navigating LinkedIn Groups
- Following companies and influencers
- Exploring the feed
- Publishing articles
- Configuring privacy settings
- Exploring account types