What happens if people don't find you online? They go elsewhere. Learn how to improve your profile so more people can connect with you on LinkedIn.
- [Instructor] What happens if people don't find you?…Nothing, which means less opportunity for you.…Don't let that happen to you.…Let's get started, and increase your chances of being found,…beginning with your name first.…So, what's in a name?…Imagine I'm having a conversation with someone…who's looking for you.…I happily drop your name, and the other person writes…it down the way he or she thinks your name is spelled.…Of course, the other person will start…to look you up online or on LinkedIn.…But how would you find someone if you don't know…the exact spelling of their name?…Let's turn this around.…
Are you currently being found with…your correctly spelled name?…If so, how often? Or not?…Let's talk about how you can increase the odds…of being found by someone who is looking for you,…but doesn't know the correct spelling for your name.…Most people use the simple search on LinkedIn,…which you can see on top of the page.…They start typing someone's name,…and their full name starts to appear.…Let me show you the example of Krystel Valeria.…
- Upgrading your professional LinkedIn headline
- Specifying your contact information
- Aligning your personal, professional, and corporate branding
- Using videos to stand out
- Presenting your results, not your résumé
- Enhancing your prior experience
- Using rich media to share your experience
- Publishing content on LinkedIn
- Making your education relevant in a changing economy
- Adding personal touches to your profile
- Maximizing key words
- Creating an action plan to update your profile
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Get Started with the Essentials
2. Your Contact Information
3. Your Summary
4. Your Experience
5. Create Your Own Brand
Publish content on LinkedIn3m 13s
6. Skills and Recommendations
7. Your Education
8. Make the Most of Your Personality
9. Extra Strategies to Stand Out
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.