Understand why your previous experience is also important on your LinkedIn profile. Learn how to add your prior experience so it benefits the reader and gets you noticed.
- [Narrator] You might be wondering,…just how relevant is your prior experience?…Readers need to understand who you are…and what your track record is.…It's not so much about boosting your ego,…but more about what's in it for them.…Let's start with your previous job.…What exactly did you do in your last job?…Describe your role and responsibilities…in the language of your target audience.…Add your achievements and, most importantly,…why you loved that job.…What made you say yes to it?…What did you learn?…What was your biggest achievement?…Can you mention actual numbers and results?…Just remember to make sure you have clearance…for this type of information before sharing.…
You do not want to breach confidentiality…even if it was at a previous job.…If your previous job was with…the same organization as your current one,…it might be a good idea to add a bit…of corporate culture.…Why is it cool to work at your organization?…You have up to 2,000 characters…to describe your previous role.…Think about which key words your target audience…
- Upgrading your professional LinkedIn headline
- Specifying your contact information
- Aligning your personal, professional, and corporate branding
- Using videos to stand out
- Presenting your results, not your résumé
- Enhancing your prior experience
- Using rich media to share your experience
- Publishing content on LinkedIn
- Making your education relevant in a changing economy
- Adding personal touches to your profile
- Maximizing key words
- Creating an action plan to update your profile
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Get Started with the Essentials
2. Your Contact Information
3. Your Summary
4. Your Experience
5. Create Your Own Brand
Publish content on LinkedIn3m 13s
6. Skills and Recommendations
7. Your Education
8. Make the Most of Your Personality
9. Extra Strategies to Stand Out
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.