LinkedIn groups are often at the heart of engagement. Learn how to stand out in groups so you can make the right connections.
- I often refer to LinkedIn groups…as the heart of engagement on LinkedIn.…Of course, people like, share, and comment a lot…on personal and company posts.…But the most intense interactions can be found in groups.…Before becoming active in groups,…your profile should be in order.…And with being in order, I really mean it…that you should stand out…at least compared to your direct competitors.…Why is this so important?…Groups allow you to pop up on people's radar easily.…A mistake people regularly make…is that people believe that one person asking a question…in the group would be the only one interested in the answer.…
In reality, a number of people have the same question…or a similar one.…As soon as you start to become more active on the platform,…people will want to look at your profile…when they see you're providing a great answer.…They might say, "That is exactly what I was looking for.…Who is this, anyways?"…And then they look you up and check you out.…Because of the scale on which these groups are operating,…
- Identify strategies to make your profile more easily discovered.
- Recognize the characteristics of an effective profile picture.
- Determine the best structure and content for a profile headline.
- Explain the main objective of a profile summary.
- Recall two elements of a LinkedIn profile that will increase the likelihood that people will find you in searches and follow with the next step.
- Recognize the types of information LinkedIn can facilitate within the education section.
- Identify the best way to keep your LinkedIn profile up-to-date and complete.
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Get Started with the Essentials
2. Your Contact Information
3. Your Summary
4. Your Experience
5. Create Your Own Brand
Publish content on LinkedIn3m 13s
6. Skills and Recommendations
7. Your Education
8. Make the Most of Your Personality
9. Extra Strategies to Stand Out
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.