LinkedIn allows you to customize your profile URL so that it's easier to share with others.
- [Instructor] Let's take a look at how you can customize the URL for your LinkedIn profile. On the right hand side of Zachary's account, I'm going to click on Edit Public Profile and URL. Then, on the right, up at the top, it says Edit URL. LinkedIn allows you to customize this URL, so that it's easier to share. You may want to share it on something like a business card, a resume, or an email signature. Right now, you can see that Zachary's URL for his LinkedIn account is www.linkedin.com/in/zachary-heilyn-260441158, which obviously isn't very appealing.
But we can adjust this. So, if I click on the pencil icon right next to it, I can go ahead and change the last part. Now, it's automatically going to keep the linkedin.com/in/, but now we can change this. So, I'm going to select that whole area behind it and I'm going to type in Zachary Heilyn. So, I'm going to type in his name and then I'll click on Save. When I do this, it says, success, we've updated your settings.
This is a good thing, because nobody yet had this URL taken. If somebody does have that URL already, it will notify you that it's already been taken. And if that's the case, you'll have to adjust it to something else. Maybe you do last name first name, perhaps a nickname, or your name and then a number, something along those lines. I strongly suggest claiming your LinkedIn URL, as it makes it much easier to remember and share your profile.
- Creating a LinkedIn profile
- Growing a professional network
- Following companies and influencers
- Sharing updates and articles
- Sending and receiving messages
- Searching for jobs
- Upgrading to LinkedIn Premium
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 10/18/2018. What changed?
A: The following topic was updated: LinkedIn Groups.