LinkedIn allows you to customize your profile URL making it easier to share. In this video, learn how to customize the URL for your LinkedIn profile.
- [Instructor] Now that we've set up a LinkedIn account and profile, let's take a look at how to configure our public profile. So anyone who's logged into LinkedIn will be able to see your LinkedIn profile. But you do have the ability to customize your public profile which is what someone would see if they're not logged into LinkedIn. Say for instance that someone comes across your LinkedIn profile after doing a Google search for you. How much do you want them to be able to see? Well, you have the ability to update this section by clicking on Edit public profile & URL in the upper right of your account. I'm going to go ahead and click on that and this brings me to the public profile settings. So this is the public profile settings for Maria and if you scroll down, this is what someone who finds her through a search would be able to see with regards to her LinkedIn profile. Now you can customize this over to the right though. For instance, if you don't want anyone to see your public profile, you could simply turn that off meaning that if someone isn't logged into LinkedIn, they won't be able to see your LinkedIn account. I going to turn that back on though because I do want people to be able to see that and then when I scroll down, you'll see that we can make some changes. First of all, who do you want to be able to see your profile photo? Right now you can't see a profile photo but if I turn that on to public, and scroll back up in real time it adds that right here. You'll keep getting this success message which I'm just going to click off of right now. When I scroll down, you'll see some other things. So you have the ability to adjust whether people can see your background photo, your headline, your summary, current experience, past experience, and more. So you can see the summary over here on the left, if I were to turn that off, that disappears, and now you'd only be able to see the remaining sections here in that public profile. So take some time to customize your public profile the way that you want people to see it if they're not logged into LinkedIn.
- Creating a LinkedIn profile
- Growing a professional network
- Following companies and influencers
- Sharing updates and content
- Sending and receiving messages
- Searching for jobs
- Upgrading to LinkedIn Premium
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 10/18/2018. What changed?
A: The following topic was updated: LinkedIn Groups.