With every message you craft, you have an opportunity to bring your audiences closer to your brand. Irina Skripnik guides you through the step-by-step Sponsored InMail message creation process. Along the way, she shares best practices for crafting a relevant, short, and authentic message.
- [Instructor] With every message you craft, you have an opportunity to bring your audiences closer to you and to your brand, or the opposite. You can push them away with dry, or even spamy content. Consider the context of the Linkedin messenger experience, and the mindset of your target audience, when you craft your content. At this step of campaign creation, you've already started to create your campaign, and added a sender. Now next, type in your subject line. And you'll notice, there's a character limit.
These are the suggested limits that may display differently across devices. So, be sure to send yourself some tests, so you can see how the message appears. Now next, let's move forward to the main component with sponsored InMail. And that's the body message. Consider the messaging experience when crafting your message. So when it comes to crafting the message copy, keep it fairly short. I would suggest generally under a thousand characters. Now to add a custom salutation, you can type in "Dear", for example, and then you can insert a custom field. For example, first name.
Next, you'll go ahead and paste in your body copy. And then, once you've done that, double check to ensure the formatting looks good. Now if you wanted to add a hyperlink to your body copy, highlight the text you wanted to hyperlink, click on the link icon, past you URL and click OK. Now, as the final step, you can add a custom footer for your sponsored InMail. This is especially helpful if you have any promotional terms and conditions that you need to include, or regional requirements. Now once you're finished, you can simply click Next.
Before crafting your message, consider the experience your audience will have with your message from start to finish.
- What is Sponsored InMail?
- Setting up your campaign
- Crafting your message
- Adding your bid and budget
- Setting your campaign live
- Reporting on your campaign