Use the right privacy settings to achieve your goals on LinkedIn. Learn about the most important profile settings so you can connect with the right people.
- [Voiceover] Many LinkedIn members,…are unaware of the possibilities…that their privacy settings provide.…This video will give you a better understanding…and set you up for success.…When you hover over the Me button in your navigation,…one of the appearing menu items is privacy and settings.…Click on it.…There are basically three items,…account, privacy, and communications.…Let's focus on the ones that are most important…when it comes to getting more out of your profile.…First is your email address.…Make sure you have multiple ones listed here.…Next to your professional one, also add a personal one.…
If, for example, you don't have…your personal email address on your LinkedIn account,…and a fellow parent from your kids school…invites you to connect,…you will be prompted to start a new LinkedIn profile.…Actually, add all your email addresses here.…LinkedIn only uses the primary one for communication,…but it will recognize the others.…By the way, you can log in with any of these,…with the same password.…Which is handy.…
- Upgrading your professional LinkedIn headline
- Specifying your contact information
- Aligning your personal, professional, and corporate branding
- Using videos to stand out
- Presenting your results, not your résumé
- Enhancing your prior experience
- Using rich media to share your experience
- Publishing content on LinkedIn
- Making your education relevant in a changing economy
- Adding personal touches to your profile
- Maximizing key words
- Creating an action plan to update your profile
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Get Started with the Essentials
2. Your Contact Information
3. Your Summary
4. Your Experience
5. Create Your Own Brand
Publish content on LinkedIn3m 13s
6. Skills and Recommendations
7. Your Education
8. Make the Most of Your Personality
9. Extra Strategies to Stand Out
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.