Once your profile is done, how do you start telling your connections to check it out? Learn how to communicate your changes and seek feedback from your network.
- [Narrator] Congratulations, you're nearly done.…Before integrating all your profile changes…you should be aware of changing one of your settings.…Let's have a look at this together.…Assuming you add a new element to your profile.…For example, a new experience.…At the bottom of the pop-up screen you will see a message.…No, don't update my network.…It should've always been off until now.…Because you're nearly finished with updating your profile,…it would be great to start showing it to other members…and your network in particular.…
So by switching this to yes, update my network,…your connections may see this change…appearing in their feed or email.…This way you are properly informing them…of an updated profile.…Avoid having this switched to yes all the time…because people will start to kick you out of their network.…It's so unprofessional to send 7, 12 or even 17 updates…about your profile in one day.…So don't.…But, when you're nearly finished…you should have at least one…and preferably an amazing update.…
Another one of your next steps is to start…
- Upgrading your professional LinkedIn headline
- Specifying your contact information
- Aligning your personal, professional, and corporate branding
- Using videos to stand out
- Presenting your results, not your résumé
- Enhancing your prior experience
- Using rich media to share your experience
- Publishing content on LinkedIn
- Making your education relevant in a changing economy
- Adding personal touches to your profile
- Maximizing key words
- Creating an action plan to update your profile
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Get Started with the Essentials
2. Your Contact Information
3. Your Summary
4. Your Experience
5. Create Your Own Brand
Publish content on LinkedIn3m 13s
6. Skills and Recommendations
7. Your Education
8. Make the Most of Your Personality
9. Extra Strategies to Stand Out
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.