Did you know that 90% of members visit only LinkedIn profiles with a profile picture? Learn what kind of picture is suitable and tips for your professional photo.
- [Instructor] "Without a picture,…"you don't stand a chance," is what I often share…with participants in training sessions.…LinkedIn proved that more than 90% of the members…only visit profiles with a profile picture.…If your picture does not look good,…it is game over even before it got started.…What does a picture tell them about you?…It needs to be a professional experience first,…and I'm the first to admit that you need…to bring in a bit of personality…and personal branding,…but there are plenty of other places, on your profile,…where it is more suitable.…
Here are some tips of what to take into account…when creating a professional LinkedIn profile picture.…First, it needs to be a professional picture.…No drinks, certainly no alcoholic ones.…Avoid holiday pictures.…Also, no kids or animals in your picture.…If you cannot crop a picture properly,…use another one, and I'm talking about the ones…where you see someone else's arm, hair, ear, or eye.…LinkedIn is not Facebook, or, even worse, a dating site.…Next, use a headshot, not one sitting at your desk,…
- Upgrading your professional LinkedIn headline
- Specifying your contact information
- Aligning your personal, professional, and corporate branding
- Using videos to stand out
- Presenting your results, not your résumé
- Enhancing your prior experience
- Using rich media to share your experience
- Publishing content on LinkedIn
- Making your education relevant in a changing economy
- Adding personal touches to your profile
- Maximizing key words
- Creating an action plan to update your profile
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Get Started with the Essentials
2. Your Contact Information
3. Your Summary
4. Your Experience
5. Create Your Own Brand
Publish content on LinkedIn3m 13s
6. Skills and Recommendations
7. Your Education
8. Make the Most of Your Personality
9. Extra Strategies to Stand Out
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.