In this video, Viveka shows you how to create a powerful background image, as well as best practices as far as creating a background image—or images— and the necessity to cross-pollinate the background image on company and personal pages to create a stronger brand and encourage engagement.
- [Instructor] Now I know in the last video I talked about…the importance of all your employees on LinkedIn…having a strong brand and we'll get to that.…But having a great company page on LinkedIn…is the foundation for having great employee profiles.…If you've not yet created a company page on LinkedIn,…then you're going to need to go to the work grid…on your personal profile and click on Create a Company Page.…You can also just go to…www.linkedin.com/company/beta/setup/new.…
You'll need to add your company page name…and these are unique, so hopefully no one else has it,…and that will actually become your unique URL,…your LinkedIn public URL for your company page.…You have to be an official representative of this company…and have the right to act on behalf of your company…in creating this page.…Once you've created a company page, you can always just go…back in an edit it by clicking on the Manage Page button.…Many of the visual and written components of your company…page and your brand will be established first…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Constructing a strong company page
- Building your visual brand
- Sharing your company culture
- Making your company page a content hub
- Determining which posts to share
- Creating thought leaders and influencers
- Building personal profiles with branding
- Establishing expertise on personal profiles
- Sharing appropriate content with your employees