In this video, Viveka shares the necessity of a strong company/employer brand on LinkedIn to increase visibility, increase brand awareness, and increase the KLT—know, like, and trust—factor to drive more traffic. She shares information about the modern buyer's journey stats and why prospects researching you means you have a strong and credible brand.
- [Narrator] Your buyers are socially engaged. Almost 82% of the population has a social networking profile. That's up 24% from 2008! This is crucial to understand because your buyers are online and researching your company. So you need to make sure that your company looks good on LinkedIn. When I speak about branding to my clients, the assumption is that we'll be working on their company page and messaging. But the fact is, your employers on LinkedIn are seen much more than your company page, so it's crucial that you support them in creating a strong personal brand that positively reflects your company.
A strong company brand that has been supported by it's employees can help to increase visibility, increase top of mind and brand awareness, and increase what we like to call the KLT Factor, or the Know, Like, and Trust Factor. As my friend, Bob Berg says, "internalize the Golden Rule of Sales, all things being equal, people will do business with, and refer to, those people they know, like, and trust." This will help drive more traffic to your website, to your landing pages, and to your phones.
Steve Forbes says, that a strong personal brand is the most important investment that you can make in your business. Besides building visibility, credibility, and driving traffic, having a strong presence on LinkedIn is absolutely crucial for another reason. The modern buyers journey has changed. As much as we are researching, developing, and providing products and services for our ideal suspects, prospects, and buyers, they're researching us, our companies, and our services. 81% of shoppers conduct online research before making big purchases and when it comes to B2B or Business to Business, an average of 6.8 people are now involved in the decision making process.
If you're bringing in a new product or service to a company, doing any account based marketing, up to seven people might be involved in the decision making process to buy your product or service. Your company presence needs to make your buyer feel comfortable and confident in their purchase. And to do that, you need to make sure that you have a strong business presence on LinkedIn, through your company page and through your employee's pages. So that when your buyer researches you, because they will be researching you, your strong and credible brand is portrayed as such.
Another important fact is that 90% of decision makers won't respond to cold calls. Our buyers are digitally enabled now. In fact, most buyers have 3.64 connected devices, that's crazy, right? Most buyers have almost four devices. Whether it's phones, iPads, tablets, laptops, they have some way of getting into and learning about your company. Fortunately, LinkedIn is one of the places that a lot of buyers go to in order to research a company's services, and products, and people.
Our buyers are heavily influence by their online search throughout the entire buying process. The way our customers buy has fundamentally changed, and that's why we've created this program. So that your business has the presence it needs to make the most of this new modern buyers journey.
- Constructing a strong company page
- Building your visual brand
- Sharing your company culture
- Making your company page a content hub
- Determining which posts to share
- Creating thought leaders and influencers
- Building personal profiles with branding
- Establishing expertise on personal profiles
- Sharing appropriate content with your employees