Account-based marketing (ABM) is, in simplest terms, reaching the decision makers at specific accounts or companies you’ve identified as important to your business. This video covers two different ways you can set up ABM campaigns on LinkedIn.
- [Narrator] Account Based Marketing, also known as ABM in simplest terms is reaching the decision makers at specific accounts or companies that you've identified as important to your business. Now on LinkedIn there's two ways that you can set up account based marketing campaigns. You'll start on the targeting page with Campaign Manager. Now location is always required, so to run a global campaign simply select all of the continents the way I've done here. If you want to refine further and target employees of a specific company, you can use the company name targeting and enter up to 100 companies this way. Now to add more than 100 companies, let's close out of this targeting method and scroll up to the top.
Using account targeting, you can upload a list of up to 30,000 companies. So click into create an audience and give your audience a name so it's easily distinguishable. Upload your file and click next. Now larger lists will take longer to process but the maximum time is about 48 hours. Now scroll to the bottom of the page to save your progress. And then to see the status of your match list, scroll over tools and click into matched audiences.
You'll see a match right here when your list is ready. Now when you're ready to add your list or campaign, simply navigate to the campaign from the top navigation and click into your account and then click into your campaign. Click into an audience tab, and under see full list of the target list accounts you can select the list that you'd like to add to your campaign. You can scroll down further and add other targeting options to your campaign but be mindful of the scale of your campaign. Once you're finished, simply click save.
Now to help you get started with account based marketing, I added a guide for account based marketing to the exercise files. I encourage you to take a few minutes and explore all the available options you have here and once you're ready, upload your own account to get started.
- Posting organic content
- Creating a Company Page
- Using Campaign Manager
- Setting up an advertiser account
- Pursuing content marketing
- Getting started with Sponsored Content
- Setting up a Text Ads campaign
- Using Sponsored InMail
- Targeting audiences on LinkedIn
- Making bids, budgets, and schedules
- Setting up billing, payments, and coupon codes
- Reporting and measuring conversions