Learn how to make the most of your summary. In this video, learn about corporate branding, professional branding, and then personal branding.
- [Narrator] What is the most important part…of your profile that the least number of people…have properly filled out?…Your summary.…The real question to ask here is what do you want…to accomplish with your summary.…For most people, it should be giving a sweet summary…where you invite visitors to read on.…There are some ways to increase the readability…by adding a simple line in your summary.…The easiest place to start is with a piece…of corporate branding.…Your colleagues in marketing probably have…a one-paragraph play text About your organization,…ask for it.…
The goal is to give an overview…of what your organization does.…Even if you're a top brand,…I advise you to start with a piece of corporate branding.…Also, consider some of your sub-brands…that might offer a broader view of your organization.…This level of detail lets your visitors know…they have landed on the right profile.…When you're working for a larger corporation…or multi-national, you might need two paragraphs,…one about the organization in general…
- Upgrading your professional LinkedIn headline
- Specifying your contact information
- Aligning your personal, professional, and corporate branding
- Using videos to stand out
- Presenting your results, not your résumé
- Enhancing your prior experience
- Using rich media to share your experience
- Publishing content on LinkedIn
- Making your education relevant in a changing economy
- Adding personal touches to your profile
- Maximizing key words
- Creating an action plan to update your profile
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Get Started with the Essentials
2. Your Contact Information
3. Your Summary
4. Your Experience
5. Create Your Own Brand
Publish content on LinkedIn3m 13s
6. Skills and Recommendations
7. Your Education
8. Make the Most of Your Personality
9. Extra Strategies to Stand Out
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.