Join May Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Add your work experience, part of LinkedIn for Veterans.
- Now the next section is usually one of the most difficult…for service members and veterans, work experience.…It's difficult, because we often have a lot of…different experiences that are sometimes…hard to describe to civilians.…However, it's critical that we effectively…communicate our professional experience,…in order to connect with all the opportunities on LinkedIn.…To help you through this process, keep these tips in mind.…Group your experience into overall themes.…Instead of listing every billet you had in the military,…group your billets into high-level themes, such as…leadership or command, training or staff duties.…
Tell a story in the job descriptions…in three to four sentences paragraph form.…It's not a resume, so don't use bullet points.…Keep it simple.…Ask yourself, would a buddy or a family member…that's not in the military understand this description?…And don't use military acronyms, just write out the words.…Use the action result method.…Start with an action word, and describe the action you took,…
Find out how to become a LinkedIn member and discover special offers just for veterans at https://veterans.linkedin.com/.
- Creating a strong LinkedIn profile
- Writing a compelling summary
- Adding your work experience
- Adding skills and endorsements to your profile
- Using the Education, Honors, and Awards features
- Connecting with other LinkedIn members
- Finding open job opportunities
- Using Linked Learning to build skills
- Getting a free LinkedIn premium subscription