How do people search for you online? Learn why adding a location is important and how to choose the industry with the best fit so you can be found.
- [Teacher] One of the most basic…elements of your profile that not…enough people fill out is their location.…Also, some people seem to be confused…about which industry they're in.…Let me help you with both of these fields.…Let's get started with your location.…When you go to your LinkedIn profile…and click on the blue pen next to your profile picture,…you will get a popup screen.…You start by choosing your country from the dropdown box.…Now before we fill out the zip code,…there is something you need to know.…
Once this is filled out, it is a way…for people to find you based on your location.…When using a location filter in the search,…you can filter the search results…within a radius of a zip code…provided your country has zip codes.…For some reason, some people never thought of this.…On average, there are actually…two types of zip codes people are using:…home address and work address.…Imagine living in the bay area, let's say San Francisco,…but you're working in Mountain View, California…or living in Saint Albans in the UK,…
- Identify strategies to make your profile more easily discovered.
- Recognize the characteristics of an effective profile picture.
- Determine the best structure and content for a profile headline.
- Explain the main objective of a profile summary.
- Recall two elements of a LinkedIn profile that will increase the likelihood that people will find you in searches and follow with the next step.
- Recognize the types of information LinkedIn can facilitate within the education section.
- Identify the best way to keep your LinkedIn profile up-to-date and complete.
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Get Started with the Essentials
2. Your Contact Information
3. Your Summary
4. Your Experience
5. Create Your Own Brand
Publish content on LinkedIn3m 13s
6. Skills and Recommendations
7. Your Education
8. Make the Most of Your Personality
9. Extra Strategies to Stand Out
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.