Join May Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Add skills and endorsements to your profile, part of LinkedIn for Veterans.
- As you continue to tell your story and establish…your professional identity, LinkedIn also offers…the feature of adding skills to your profile.…This is a simple way to showcase your skills…and helps employers find you easier.…When adding skills, choose ones that align with your career…aspirations, so let's try this feature out.…If you don't have any skills listed on your profile,…this section won't appear.…To add it, click add new profile section…and add the skill section.…The text box is where you can begin adding skills.…
We're going to go ahead and add project management…and team leadership to Nathan's profile.…Now, if your skill doesn't appear,…just completely type in the skill name in the text box.…Then, click add.…You can add up to 50 skills, but let's just start with 10.…Maintaining a relevant list of skills on your profile…will help others understand your strengths…and match you with the right opportunities.…
You can also choose the order by manually clicking…on the gray colored boxes and dragging them.…
Find out how to become a LinkedIn member and discover special offers just for veterans at https://veterans.linkedin.com/.
- Creating a strong LinkedIn profile
- Writing a compelling summary
- Adding your work experience
- Adding skills and endorsements to your profile
- Using the Education, Honors, and Awards features
- Connecting with other LinkedIn members
- Finding open job opportunities
- Using Linked Learning to build skills
- Getting a free LinkedIn premium subscription