Your LinkedIn profile has room for some personal touches, too. Learn how to add these to enhance your personal brand and connect with people.
- [Instructor] I see a lot of people having…a purely professional profile on LinkedIn,…no personal touch whatsoever.…During training sessions,…I ask people why I have a personal touch…like Happy Chocoholic on there?…Do you know what they say?…Oh, it makes you human.…And I reply oh, thank you for the confirmation.…But seriously, add some personal branding,…elements from your private life,…preferably intriguing or things that arouse curiosity,…just to show that you're approachable.…so where do you add that to your profile?…Everywhere where it makes sense,…In your professional headline, in your summary,…in your experience, in your volunteering experience.…
Don't hold back unless it does not fit…with your target audience.…If you're a business coach for corporate executives…and you're also a zen yoga teacher,…I would not mention that in your professional headline…because some people in your target audience…would find it too off-base and look…for someone else instead of you.…Does that mean you shouldn't put it on your profile?…
- Identify strategies to make your profile more easily discovered.
- Recognize the characteristics of an effective profile picture.
- Determine the best structure and content for a profile headline.
- Explain the main objective of a profile summary.
- Recall two elements of a LinkedIn profile that will increase the likelihood that people will find you in searches and follow with the next step.
- Recognize the types of information LinkedIn can facilitate within the education section.
- Identify the best way to keep your LinkedIn profile up-to-date and complete.
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Get Started with the Essentials
2. Your Contact Information
3. Your Summary
4. Your Experience
5. Create Your Own Brand
Publish content on LinkedIn3m 13s
6. Skills and Recommendations
7. Your Education
8. Make the Most of Your Personality
9. Extra Strategies to Stand Out
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.