Explore additional sections you can add to your profile, including certifications, patents, and projects.
- [Instructor] Now, you could spend a fair amount of time polishing up your LinkedIn profile as you get started, and I do encourage you to do this, either by spending a little bit of time every day for a week, or by blocking off a chunk of time that works for you where you can really devote more attention to it. I'm not going to walk you through every option that you can add to your profile during this course, and we've covered the main ones that you're going to want to hit. But I do want to point out some of the other sections that you have the ability to create. I can do this by navigating over to the right under this blue tab, which says, Add new profile section.
If I click here on this drop down menu, we have Background. We've talked about Work experience and Education. But we also have the opportunity for Volunteer experience if you want to add that. Under Skills, we've talked about that. But under Accomplishments, if I scroll down here, you'll start to get a sense of all the different sections that you can add. We have Publications, Certifications, Courses, Projects, Honors and Awards, Patents, Test Scores, Languages, Organizations, and more.
There's a ton that you can add. If I want to add one of them, let's say, for instance, a Project, I can click the Plus button, and the Wizard will walk us through it and set it up so it is part of our LinkedIn profile. Now, you don't have to add all of these sections. In fact, it may crowd up your profile and take the focus off some more important sections. But take a look at them and consider whether adding a section makes sense for you. If you feel that adding a section will add value to your profile, I suggest adding it.
- Creating an effective LinkedIn profile
- Configuring a public profile and profile URL
- Finding and adding connections
- Exploring messages
- Navigating LinkedIn Groups
- Following companies and influencers
- Exploring the feed
- Publishing articles
- Configuring privacy settings
- Exploring account types
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 02/16/2018. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover exploring company insights and improving your search on LinkedIn.