Discover how to add your educational experiences and accomplishments to your LinkedIn profile.
- [Instructor] As a student, it's going to be extremely important for you to list your educational experiences on your LinkedIn profile. Let's take a look at how to do that. Now you can add educational experiences by going to the Add Profile Section, and then under Background is Education. Now in Maria's case, she already has an education section. I'll scroll down here, and we can see that it says Roux Academy, bachelor's degree in marketing. Now that's because she created an account as a student and entered in this information when signing up, so it places it in here. Well, this looks okay, but I think that you can expand upon it to make it look better. In order to do this, I'm going to click on the pencil icon to the right, and in here it says the school, it's a bachelor's degree, we have her field of study, start and end date, we can put in a grade, and down below this, it says Activities and Societies, so if there's anything that you were involved here, such as a fraternity or sorority, it says here marching band, a sport, anything like that, you can include it in here. Now for Maria, she was a member of the school soccer team, and was also vice president of the Young Entrepreneurs Club. Once I have that entered in here, I'm going to scroll down, and you also have an area for a description. So here's where you can list any accomplishments you've had, or anything else you want to say about your schooling. Now I'm going to paste in a short description here that I've already typed out, and it says here, "Earned a bachelor's degree in business marketing "with an emphasis on digital marketing and social media, "as well as a minor in psychology." Maria also wanted to list her grade point average, what her marketing major was, as well as that minor, and when she's going to graduate. In this case here, that would be 2021. Now after that, you can also add any media that you want to. So if you have something like a document, a video, a presentation, that you're really proud of, from your schooling, you can add that here to showcase your work. And again at the bottom, you can decide if you want to share this with your network. If it says yes, then it will share out with any of your connections that you've added educational experience. In this case, I'm going to shut that off, and then I'll click Save. Now you'll see here, that I think this looks a lot better. So the educational experience here for Maria now says where she went and what she's doing, but also gives some details as to what she was involved with as well as some accomplishments at school. Now if she wanted to add another educational experience, you can go on the upper right corner, click on plus, and it will allow you to create another one. So take the time to add in any educational experiences that you've had in here, and also, take some extra time to put in some details about that experience.
- Creating a LinkedIn profile
- Growing a professional network
- Following companies and influencers
- Sharing updates and content
- Sending and receiving messages
- Searching for jobs
- Upgrading to LinkedIn Premium
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 10/18/2018. What changed?
A: The following topic was updated: LinkedIn Groups.