There are many items you can add to your LinkedIn profile beyond your formal education. Learn which courses, tests, and certifications can make you stand out.
- [Announcer] Once you stop learning, you start dying…is a famous quote by Albert Einstein.…And he's right, so what kind of continuous education…do you have going on in your life?…Make sure you add this to your profile so others know…that lifelong learning is important to you.…LinkedIn offers a variety of places to showcase…your learning from formal education to certifications.…But this is a place where you can share…shorter, individual courses.…Let's start by looking at which courses…you should add in your profile.…With your target audience in mind,…what would be of interest for them?…It might be that your Thai cooking lessons…are very relevant if you're on your way…to become a famous chef.…
For a sales executive in telecom or a management…consultant in finance, slightly less.…It might be that your mindfulness course…or your Bikram yoga doesn't fit with your corporate job.…Focus on updating your profile regularly with the…right kind of courses you have completed.…It's actually very easy to add them.…Go to your profile by clicking on the me button…
- Identify strategies to make your profile more easily discovered.
- Recognize the characteristics of an effective profile picture.
- Determine the best structure and content for a profile headline.
- Explain the main objective of a profile summary.
- Recall two elements of a LinkedIn profile that will increase the likelihood that people will find you in searches and follow with the next step.
- Recognize the types of information LinkedIn can facilitate within the education section.
- Identify the best way to keep your LinkedIn profile up-to-date and complete.
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Get Started with the Essentials
2. Your Contact Information
3. Your Summary
4. Your Experience
5. Create Your Own Brand
Publish content on LinkedIn3m 13s
6. Skills and Recommendations
7. Your Education
8. Make the Most of Your Personality
9. Extra Strategies to Stand Out
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.