There are many sections that you can add to your LinkedIn profile including volunteer work, certifications, and more. In this video, learn how to add additional sections to your LinkedIn profile.
- [Instructor] You could spend quite a bit of time creating and improving your LinkedIn profile as you get started, and I do encourage you to do this either by spending a little bit of time everyday for a week or by blocking off a chunk of time where you can focus on it and devote more attention to it. Once you have it created, it's not that difficult to keep it updated, to change some things or add some things every once in awhile. Now, I'm not going to walk you through every option that you can add to your profile during this course, and we've covered the main ones such as employment, education, skills and more, but I do want to point out some of the other sections that you have the ability to create. I can do this in Maria's account by navigating to the Add profile section tab. I'll click on this and here we have the introduction section, the about section, which we've already filled out, the background section, and we've taken a look at work experience and education, but you also have here licenses and certifications, as well as that volunteer experience. You have the skills section, accomplishments, which includes publications, patents, courses, projects, honors and awards, test scores, languages, organizations and more. Below this, we have additional information, and here you can request a recommendation, and then supported languages, and you can add profile languages if you'd like to do that. Now, you don't have to add all of these sections. In fact, it would probably crowd up your profile and take the focus off of some more important sections. But take a look at them and consider whether using that section makes sense for you. If you feel that adding a section would add value to your profile, then I suggest adding it.
- Creating a LinkedIn profile
- Growing a professional network
- Following companies and influencers
- Sharing updates and content
- Sending and receiving messages
- Searching for jobs
- Upgrading to LinkedIn Premium
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 10/18/2018. What changed?
A: The following topic was updated: LinkedIn Groups.