Collections is a tool that will help you curate the content on LinkedIn Learning so that all the courses that are most important to your learning outcomes are in one shareable place.
- [Instructor] As an admin, you may decide that you want to curate content and create groups of courses or videos related to a specific topic. This is easy to do on the LinkedIn Learning platform. You can do it by creating collections. Let's take a look at how to do this. So right now I'm on the content page. And from here we have the Explore tab, Learning Paths, and then Collections. I'm going to click on Collections and this brings me to the Collections page. You can see that I already have one collection created titled Improving Workplace Culture. If I click on this, it will give me the title as well as a description. Below that it shows us how many items are inside of here and what the duration of that content is. And then you can see the actual content down below. So here I have a course on creating a positive and healthy work environment, there's a video on creating a motivating work environment, and so on. Now, up at the top I can edit this at any time and I can also recommend it. Very similar to the way that we recommended courses. If I click on this, I can recommend it to groups or individuals or everyone. Put in a message why, a due date if I want, and so on. So in this case I'm going to cancel that out and I want to back up here. Back to the Collections home page because I want to take a look at how to create a new Collection. And we can do that by going to the upper right corner and clicking on Create New. This brings up a popup box that allows us to first title it, I'll title mine Microsoft Office 365 Tips and Tricks, down below here we can add in a description. And I'll paste in one that I've already typed out. Next I can select the content language. So I'm going to keep mine English, but I do have the ability to adjust the language. And once I have that done, I'll go ahead and click Create. Now, here is the page for this specific collection. Remember that it's not saved as of now. We're going to need to publish that before it would be saved. Notice here that I can edit the title, I can edit the description, and I can also add content from right inside here. If I click on add add content, add existing content, let's say here that I go to Microsoft, I'll type in 365, and we get different things here. Microsoft 365 First Look, let's say I wanted to add that. Let's say I go up in here and type in Microsoft Excel and I find a course that I want to, or in this case a video here that I want to add into this, I'll go ahead and click on that. Now obviously I would spend more time preparing this collection and determining which courses that I want to be in it, but this is how you can add them. Now up at the top, I'm going to close this out and you'll see that those videos and this course now appear inside of this collection. And remember that we didn't save it until we publish it. I'm going to go ahead and click on Publish. It's confirming that we want to publish updates, I do. And once we did that I can go back to my Collections page and you'll see here that we now have a second collection we created. Microsoft Office 365 Tips and Tricks. I can open this up and again, open it up, and then recommend it out to employees or whoever I want. So creating collections is a great way to curate content related on a specific topic with the ability to then share it out to other users.
- Teaching with elearning
- Empowering students with technology
- Creating content and custom playlists with LinkedIn Learning
- Reviewing use cases for LinkedIn Learning
- Making your content available and accessible