Join Tony Harmer for an in-depth discussion in this video Pencils, part of Drawing on the iPad with Adobe Illustrator Line.
- Line comes with a couple of grades…of virtual pencil built in.…You have a 2H which is a hard pencil…and a HB which is a soft pencil.…The left most of the pencils, and they're here on the dock,…is the 2H and if I just draw a little bit of a line…with that and I'll swap out to the HB,…sort of a medium soft pencil.…Then I'm going to zoom in so you can see…just how much they really do look like pencil strokes.…Really nice.…
You can vary them of course if you're…using a pressure sensitive device.…They will record that and you'll see that…if I use the 2H here and don't press very hard at all,…how that's getting the really, really fine line.…And then press harder and it becomes much darker, like so.…Combined with pressure sensitivity and,…of course, being able to change the color…of the pencil you're using, you've got an awful lot…of scope for drawing with these two tools.…There are a couple of other hidden options…and we'll be covering that in a couple of movies time.…
Do check that out as well.…
- Choosing a stylus
- Adding, deleting, and organizing drawings
- Navigating around Line
- Using the pencils, fine liners, and markers
- Working with shapes
- Drawing with color
- Sharing your drawings
Skill Level Beginner
Sketching an F1 Wheel with SketchBook Prowith Veejay Gahir26m 57s Appropriate for all
Learning Adobe's Line and Sketch Appswith Justin Seeley1h 16m Appropriate for all
1. Additional Hardware
2. Getting Started
3. Drawing and Drawing Tools
5. Line and Other Applications
6. Wrapping Up
Bye for now!33s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.