Join Tony Harmer for an in-depth discussion in this video Fine liners, part of Drawing on the iPad with Adobe Illustrator Line.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- Line has two fine line of pens: a .25 and .5mm pen,…just to the right of the two pencils.…They've got a really nice terminal blot…at the end of the stroke; makes it look very, very natural…and you can see it is, to some degree, affected by velocity,…"(mumbles)" it is something very slowly, very different…to the look you get when you work quite quickly.…So, they do look really, really natural with that.…
Although, it is an option you can turn off…and we'll be looking at that…in just a couple of movies time.…These work really, really well…when maybe you've done a bit of pencil work…as I have just here,…and you want to kind of consolidate that a little bit.…They start to look like very plausible drawings here,…and just a bit like natural medias.…It's really good the way they work,…and it's nice to kind of vary between the two,…so if I go for the heavier stroke,…maybe put a heavier stroke around the outside,…just undo that a little bit.…
You can see how that kind of adds to that,…and of course, you can do a lot of things…
- Choosing a stylus
- Adding, deleting, and organizing drawings
- Navigating around Line
- Using the pencils, fine liners, and markers
- Working with shapes
- Drawing with color
- Sharing your drawings
Skill Level Beginner
Sketching an F1 Wheel with SketchBook Prowith Veejay Gahir27m 1s Appropriate for all
Creating with Adobe's Line and Sketch Appswith Justin Seeley1h 16m Appropriate for all
1. Additional Hardware
2. Getting Started
3. Drawing and Drawing Tools
5. Line and Other Applications
6. Wrapping Up
Bye for now!33s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.