Join Bryan O'Neil Hughes for an in-depth discussion in this video The power of presets, part of Lightroom Classic CC: Mastering the Develop Module (2017).
- [Instructor] Alright, so we looked at how…we can sync settings and save ourselves a bunch…of work, but the other thing we can do is…we could create a preset.…Now, the advantage to a preset is we can…get a preview simply by rolling over,…and we can apply that preset later down…the road completely out of context.…So, let's take a look at that workflow…and how powerful that can be.…And, to do that, I want to use a similar…example, which is that I really like…the black and white adjustment we did…on the architectural shot,…and I loved sharing it over here,…but maybe instead of being separated…by a couple minutes maybe it's days or weeks later,…and I want to leverage that same thing.…
So, let's assume that, and in order to do that…I'm just going to come into the library module…into quick develop and reset this image,…just take it right back to where it was,…pretend nothing's ever been done to it,…take this image, and, rather than syncing them,…say, you know what, I really like this,…I might want to use these settings somewhere else,…
AuthorBryan O'Neil Hughes
In this course, Adobe Director of Product Management Bryan O'Neil Hughes explores the Develop module in-depth, stepping through the module's core tools and sharing insights along the way. The course concludes with chapters on essential time-saving shortcuts and on taking photos from Lightroom Classic CC to Photoshop for further enhancement.
- Order of operations
- White balance, tone, and color
- Lens correction and perspective control
- Applying presets on import
- Syncing files
- Lightroom across devices (iOS, Android, and the web)
- Moving to Photoshop
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Develop: Reviewing the Basics
2. The Develop Module in Depth
3. Develop Tools
4. Saving Time
5. Beyond the Desktop
6. Beyond Lightroom
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.