Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video Working with a soundtrack and using the playback options, part of Lightroom 4 Essential Training: 4 Creating Slideshows & Web Galleries.
The combination of still images and music can be a really powerful combo,…and you can add music or add a soundtrack to your slideshow by using the Playback panel.…At the top of the Playback panel, you'll notice there's a Soundtrack button,…click it, and then next all that you need to do is to select an Audio file.…You'll go ahead and click on Select Music, and I'm going to click on a demo MP3…file, and then click Choose.…This shows me that this audio file is 4 minutes and 33 seconds long.…What you can do is you can fit your slideshow to this music file.…
So here if I click Fit to Music, you notice that will increase my…overall slideshow length.…In other words, it increased the length that the slides were visible, so that…each side would be visible.…It would go through the entirety of the song and eventually once we saw the…slides, the song would end at the same time.…Or on the other hand, if you don't want this synched to the length of that audio…file, you can just change your slide duration.…
- Getting your slideshow or gallery on the web
- Grouping images in collections
- Renaming and re-ordering images
- Changing the color and appearance of a web gallery
- Adding captions and titles to photos
- Saving custom templates
- Uploading HTML and Flash galleries to a web server
- Creating an impromptu slideshow
- Customizing a slideshow layout
- Adjusting slideshow playback options
- Exporting a slideshow as a JPEG, a PDF, or a video
Skill Level Beginner
Photoshop CS6 for Photographers: Camera Raw 7with Chris Orwig6h 16m Intermediate
Photoshop for Photographers: Portrait Retouchingwith Chris Orwig6h 4m Intermediate
1. Getting Started with Web Galleries
Introducing web galleries3m 13s
2. Customizing Web Galleries
3. Output and Upload Settings
4. Working with Slideshows
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.