Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video Working with the Metadata panel, part of Lightroom 5 Essentials: 02 Managing Images with the Library Module.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
Next, let's take a look at how we can work with metadata.…So go ahead and select an image from this folder and click on the word Metadata to…open up the Metadata panel. Now, there are two different types of metadata.…We have descriptive and additive metadata. Descriptive is metadata which describes…the file which is embedded in part of the file.…Here we have the file name, we also have the dimensions and we have different ways…to display information here in the metadata panel.…In the default setting we're seeing a few different fields which allow us to view…copyright and rating and label etc. If we choose another option for example,…if we choose EXIF in IPTC all of a sudden we'll see a lot of different fields.…
Again, some of these fields are descriptive and others we can add…information here and you can see as I scroll through this.…We can add contact information or information about the photograph.…There's also some descriptive metadata as well.…Now, as you start to work with metadata often what will happen is you'll really…
- Adding flags, stars, and labels to images
- Filtering your library by text, metadata, and file type
- Stacking photos into groups
- Creating a collection to group images
- Tagging images with locations
- Processing images in the Library module
- Viewing and editing videos
- Working with the DNG file format
- Adding copyright metadata to photos
- Adding keywords
- Opening images in Photoshop
- Exporting, emailing, and publishing photos
Skill Level Beginner
1. Rating, Ranking, and Labeling Your Photographs
2. Filtering and Finding Photographs
3. Organizing with Collections
4. Managing Images with the Map Module
Creating saved locations4m 41s
5. Processing Images in the Library Module
6. Viewing and Editing Videos
7. Exporting and Publishing Videos
8. Working with the DNG File Format
9. Working with Metadata
10. Opening Images in Photoshop
11. Exporting, Emailing, and Publishing Photographs
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.