Join Bryan O'Neil Hughes for an in-depth discussion in this video Workflow, part of Lightroom Classic CC 2015 and Photoshop: Black-and-White Photography.
- Okay we've gone really deep into what can…be done in Photoshop with black and white.…And so to sort of recap I'd like to use this image here…to go end to end in the Photoshop work flow.…So, if you had a raw file,…you'd wanna start with Camera Raw…and just pass it through there.…If it's a non raw file, like this one,…we wanna pass it into Camera Raw as a filter.…But before doing that,…we wanna make sure that we convert it…to a smart filter.…So that we can continue to edit it…whenever we want.…Having converted that to a smart filter,…lets pop onto Camera Raw.…
And we're just gonna treat this like any color image.…You might wanna recover some of the highlights.…Might wanna open up a little bit of the shadows.…Bring in a little more contrast with the black slider.…A little more pop with the clarity.…If there was…any noise…we'd go ahead and take care of that here.…But we probably wouldn't take care of any…additional sharpening here.…When it's time to convert to black and white,…we do that right here.…If we wanted to adjust any of the individual sliders,…
AuthorBryan O'Neil Hughes
- Why black and white?
- Shooting with black and white in mind
- Preparing color images
- Black-and-white mixing and adding toning
- Utilizing presets effectively
- Creating black-and-white HDR images with Lightroom Classic CC and Photoshop
- Taking advantage of black-and-white adjustment layers
- Adjusting the toning of images
- Working with the Silver Efex plugin
- Converting to black and white on the go
Skill Level Intermediate
Photography Foundations: Black and Whitewith Ben Long3h 3m Intermediate
Photoshop Insider Training: Enhancing Photoswith Bryan O'Neil Hughes1h 37m Intermediate
1. Black-and-White Considerations
Thinking in black and white1m 23s
2. Black-and-White First Steps in Lightroom
3. Black and White in Photoshop
5. An End-to-End Workflow
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.