Join Bryan O'Neil Hughes for an in-depth discussion in this video Workflow, part of Black and White with Lightroom and Photoshop.
- Okay we've covered a lot of ground in Lightroom…about how to walk a color image to black-and-white…and fine-tune it and what I'd like to do is…take an image, sort of from start to finish…and I chose this one here.…It's got a lot of problems.…This is exactly how it came off the camera.…I don't know if this is gonna be a good image.…I don't know if it's gonna be great for color or…black-and-white, so let's work with this one.…Let's take it into the Develop module…and the very first thing I'm gonna do…is go over here to the left…and see if any of these presets are gonna work.…
It's a great starting point.…Lightroom's got a few of them.…I can confirm that it looks better as black-and-white,…but even with my own presets,…not exactly what I'm looking for.…It doesn't surprise me, the image needs…a lot of tonal adjustment.…So now I'm gonna come over here to my basic module…and I'm gonna start with auto and it's a huge difference,…but it gives me a starting point.…And from here, maybe the exposure is a little hot…so I'm gonna take that down.…
AuthorBryan O'Neil Hughes
- Why black and white?
- Shooting with black and white in mind
- Preparing color images
- Black-and-white mixing and adding toning
- Utilizing presets effectively
- Creating black-and-white HDR images with Lightroom and Photoshop
- Taking advantage of black-and-white adjustment layers
- Adjusting the toning of images
- Working with the Silver Efex plugin
- Converting to black and white on the go
Skill Level Intermediate
Foundations of Photography: Black and Whitewith Ben Long3h 4m Intermediate
Photoshop Insider Training: Enhancing Photoswith Bryan O'Neil Hughes1h 37m Intermediate
1. Black-and-White Considerations
Thinking in black and white1m 23s
2. Black-and-White First Steps in Lightroom
3. Black and White in Photoshop
5. An End-to-End Workflow
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.