Join Derrick Story for an in-depth discussion in this video Work with portable stands and backdrops, part of Portrait Photography: High School Seniors.
- A lot of senior portraits these days…don't require the traditional backdrop…and the, you know, all that stuff.…They get to shoot 'em outside.…But some schools do have certain requirements.…And in fact, normally, when you're a junior,…the students get a packet in the mail…that sort of outlines how that all works.…You wanna make sure that you have a chance to look at that…if, indeed, they did receive that.…So if there are any backdrop requirements,…you know what they are.…Now if you do have to shoot with a backdrop,…or if the student wants a backdrop,…it's not that big a deal.…
I mean, this is actually a fairly affordable sort of thing.…The stand that's behind me there,…you can get those for about $65,…and up, of course, and photography is always up,…but you can get 'em for about $65.…This is the same stand I had back at my studio.…It's very portable, you can carry it around.…Now I like to use two types of material for my backdrops.…One is a muslin, and I have a couple different colors.…And you know, what's really fun is if you get a backdrop…
- Guidelines for senior portraits
- Setting up a portable studio
- Posing subjects
- Shooting outside
- Working with family members
- Using mirrorless cameras and smartphones
- Editing senior portraits
- Exporting and delivering images
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning Natural Light Portrait Photographywith Chris Orwig2h 30m Intermediate
Up-Close Portrait Photography: Start to Finishwith Chris Orwig2h 5m Intermediate
1. The Basic Guidelines and Business of Portraiture
2. Studio Space and Posing Options
3. Working with Family Members and Shooting Outside
4. Using Mirrorless and Smartphones for Portraits
5. Sort and Organize the Photo Shoot
6. Edit and Enhance Your Selects
7. Deliver the Images
Next steps1m 22s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.