Join Derrick Story for an in-depth discussion in this video Work with family members during a portrait shoot, part of Portrait Photography: High School Seniors.
- Boy, it's a beautiful day in the park today.…I'm here with Max and Ashley and Ashley's mom,…and we're gonna do some good portrait shooting today.…Perfect conditions and I'm really looking forward to it.…So, you ready to take a few pictures?…- Yes. - All right.…Let's take some shots.…You kind of remember our little posing thing there, right?…All right, good.…Now, what I want to do here with you…is we have a light coming in right here.…And I have a hair light on you,…so the sun we're gonna use as a hair light.…
But, I gotta bring a little bit more light…in the front here.…So...…How do you feel about helping out with the photo shoot?…- Glad to.…- Come on up, come on up.…Let's put you to work.…So, I was pretty happy about the location…that Max and Ashley wanted for today.…I'd shot here before.…Then I heard that Ashley's mom was gonna join us, Teresa.…It's good to know that ahead of time,…because that allows me to set up and prepare.…
Because I wanna make sure that Teresa's comfortable…and has a good experience.…So, I brought a couple extra chairs,…
- Guidelines for senior portraits
- Setting up a portable studio
- Posing subjects
- Shooting outside
- Working with family members
- Using mirrorless cameras and smartphones
- Editing senior portraits
- Exporting and delivering images
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning Natural Light Portrait Photographywith Chris Orwig2h 30m Intermediate
Up-Close Portrait Photography: Start to Finishwith Chris Orwig2h 5m Intermediate
1. The Basic Guidelines and Business of Portraiture
2. Studio Space and Posing Options
3. Working with Family Members and Shooting Outside
4. Using Mirrorless and Smartphones for Portraits
5. Sort and Organize the Photo Shoot
6. Edit and Enhance Your Selects
7. Deliver the Images
Next steps1m 22s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.