Join Derrick Story for an in-depth discussion in this video Work with continuous lights vs. strobes, part of Portrait Photography: High School Seniors.
- So on this shoot, which was an indoor shoot,…I used two different types of lights.…And I like them both,…they have their own strengths and weaknesses.…And I thought, well, let's go over those right now.…We'll start here with my continuous light.…I like this guy.…This is a very simple setup.…It's made by Lowell, and they're called EGO lights,…E-G-O.…And what they are are compact fluorescents…that are in here,…I'll even give you a peek at these,…right there, two of them in there.…They're daylight balanced.…
They're very cool lights.…And that's nice on a set…so you don't kinda heat everything up.…But they're continuous.…And you noticed when I was taking pictures of Catherine,…I could just go boom, boom, boom, boom, boom…because there's no recycle time.…So the strength of these is that they're cool,…they're pretty easy to carry, they're affordable,…each one of these units is about $100.…And you can shoot continuous.…And they work very nice.…I think the quality of light's quite good.…
But I do carry strobes also.…And this is my Canon strobe right here.…
- Guidelines for senior portraits
- Setting up a portable studio
- Posing subjects
- Shooting outside
- Working with family members
- Using mirrorless cameras and smartphones
- Editing senior portraits
- Exporting and delivering images
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning Natural Light Portrait Photographywith Chris Orwig2h 30m Intermediate
Up-Close Portrait Photography: Start to Finishwith Chris Orwig2h 5m Intermediate
1. The Basic Guidelines and Business of Portraiture
2. Studio Space and Posing Options
3. Working with Family Members and Shooting Outside
4. Using Mirrorless and Smartphones for Portraits
5. Sort and Organize the Photo Shoot
6. Edit and Enhance Your Selects
7. Deliver the Images
Next steps1m 22s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.