Join Bryan O'Neil Hughes for an in-depth discussion in this video White balance and temperature, part of Lightroom: Mastering the Develop Module (2017).
- [Instructor] The image that I have…selected here is a good one to…talk about temperature and tint.…So normally your camera would be…set to auto-white balance…and you'd get a decent looking image…right off the get go.…I want to show you how to correct…it if you don't get that, and how to change it…if you want to reinterpret it.…Temperatures is a great way to lend…mood to your image and it's a great…way to change the time of day.…So this image looks pretty good,…but I think we can make it look…even better by adjusting the temperature,…and just to give you an idea,…we can cool it down to make it sort of evening…or we can warm it up to make it sunset…or anywhere in between.…
Now it's really important to know…that if I ever want to restore this,…I don't have to remember whatever that…very specific value was.…I just had to double click on the…temperature slider and it takes it back to 5400,…and we see that we have all sorts of different…presets here.…So we have shot which is of course 5400.…We have auto which is Lightroom's best guess…
AuthorBryan O'Neil Hughes
In this course, Adobe Director of Product Management Bryan O'Neil Hughes explores the Develop module in-depth, stepping through the module's core tools and sharing insights along the way. The course concludes with chapters on essential time-saving shortcuts and on taking photos from Lightroom to Photoshop for further enhancement.
- Order of operations
- White balance, tone, and color
- Lens correction and perspective control
- Applying presets on import
- Syncing files
- Lightroom across devices (iOS, Android, and the web)
- Moving to Photoshop
Skill Level Intermediate
Lightroom CC 2015 Essential Trainingwith Chris Orwig5h 59m Beginner
Learning Lightroom 6 and Lightroom CCwith Jan Kabili5h 14m Beginner
Lightroom and Photoshop: Workflow Strategieswith Bryan O'Neil Hughes2h 23m Intermediate
1. Develop: Reviewing the Basics
2. The Develop Module in Depth
3. Develop Tools
4. Saving Time
5. Beyond the Desktop
6. Beyond Lightroom
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.