In this video, discover how to correct or change temperature and tint if your camera's auto white balance didn't deliver what you wanted.
- [Instructor] The image that I have selected here … temperature and tint. … to auto white balance … and you'd get a decent looking image … right off the get go. … and how to change it … if you want to reinterpret it. … Temperature is a great way to lend mood … to your image … and it's a great way to change the time of day. … This image looks pretty good, … but I think we can make it look even better … by adjusting the temperature. … we can cool it down … to make it, sort of, evening … or we can warm it up … to make it sunset … or anywhere in between. … to know that if I ever want to restore this, … I don't have to remember … whatever that very specific value was, … on the temperature slider … and it takes it back to 5400. … We see that we have all sort of different presets here. … We have as shot, … which is, of course, 5400, … we have auto, … which is Lightroom's best guess, … and then we have all of these different overrides. … Things like cloudy, which one could say it is. … They're subtle, depending upon your image. …
AuthorBryan O'Neil Hughes
- Adjusting photographs in Lightroom
- Using the Develop module
- Fixing white balance and temperature
- Applying HDR adjustments
- Sharpening images
- Making lens corrections
- Fixing perspective
- Retouching images using a brush
- Adjusting clarity and haze
- Applying graduated filters
- Culling photos in Lightroom
- Sharing images
- Using shortcuts in Lightroom
Skill Level Intermediate
1. The Edit/Develop Module: Reviewing the Basics
2. The Edit/Develop Module: In Depth
HDR and post6m 24s
3. Edit/Develop Tools
4. Saving Time
5. Lightroom: Beyond the Desktop
6. Beyond Lightroom
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.