Join Bryan O'Neil Hughes for an in-depth discussion in this video When to go to Photoshop, part of Lightroom: Mastering the Develop Module (2017).
- [Narrator] As a photographer…I find that I spend about 80 to 85% of my time…in Lightroom.…I certainly depend on Photoshop,…but I don't expect it to do certain things that I use to.…For instance,…HDR is done in Lightroom now.…My global adjustments are all done in Lightroom…and even some of my selective adjustments…are done in Lightroom as well,…but there are of course times when I want to use Photoshop.…And I want to show you the best ways…to pass files from Lightroom to Photoshop…and make sure that they find their way back to Lightroom.…So, at the most basic level…if we want to take any image…we can of course export that.…
And as we're exporting it…just keep in mind that you have a few different options.…The original lives here in Lightroom,…but we can send this image out…to wherever we want and whatever form we want.…The original, the DNG,…which has the settings copied into it;…a TIF, which is a high resolution file…that looks just as it does when it leaves;…a PSD, Photoshop's native format;…or a smaller JPEG.…
AuthorBryan O'Neil Hughes
In this course, Adobe Director of Product Management Bryan O'Neil Hughes explores the Develop module in-depth, stepping through the module's core tools and sharing insights along the way. The course concludes with chapters on essential time-saving shortcuts and on taking photos from Lightroom to Photoshop for further enhancement.
- Order of operations
- White balance, tone, and color
- Lens correction and perspective control
- Applying presets on import
- Syncing files
- Lightroom across devices (iOS, Android, and the web)
- Moving to Photoshop
Skill Level Intermediate
Lightroom CC 2015 Essential Trainingwith Chris Orwig5h 59m Beginner
Learning Lightroom 6 and Lightroom CCwith Jan Kabili5h 14m Beginner
Lightroom and Photoshop: Workflow Strategieswith Bryan O'Neil Hughes2h 23m Intermediate
1. Develop: Reviewing the Basics
2. The Develop Module in Depth
3. Develop Tools
4. Saving Time
5. Beyond the Desktop
6. Beyond Lightroom
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.