Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video What you should know before watching this course, part of Lightroom Classic CC: Tips and Quick Fixes (2017).
- Now, before you watch this class, I'd just like to give you a little bit of background. I've been using Lightroom since the very beginning, and frequently use many different software tools in my day-to-today to process my images. I started my career working in newspapers and really fast turnaround type industries. As such, I learned how to get the job done quickly. So I think you're going to really benefit from thinking about what is the fastest way to get the job done? Now, if you want to slow down and really take your time, that's fine, but this course is about quick fixes, how to get the results you need in as least amount of time as possible.
I'm going to be using Lightroom CC, the subscription version of Lightroom that updates. Now, you can use an older version of Lightroom most often, a lot of these techniques will work with many different versions of Lightroom. I'll try to stick with tools that have been around for a while. If I do use something that's relatively new, I'll point that out. Alright, let's move on to the exercise files, which you're going to want to download so you can follow along.
- Sizing an image
- Fixing exposure problems
- Fixing an image that is too bright or too dark
- White balancing a photo
- Changing the color of an object
- Fixing red eye and dark circles
- Controlling focus, perspective, and backgrounds
- Blurring backgrounds