Erika Thornes helps us create easy to access images. Backing up photos in the 3-2-1 format means we'll have our digital photos long term. We won't have to worry about the photo getting lost. Preserving family memories is easy. We can easily tell our family stories when our photos are safe. culling photos creates a collection of images that isn't overwhelming. Telling your story and protecting family photos is simple.
- [Voiceover] What we've created.…We've created a lot of things in this course,…let's do a quick recap.…We've created an organized file system so we can find…the files when we need them.…We've created a favorites folder so that we can quickly grab…the stuff that's important to us.…We've created duplicate copies on two drives,…yes, two drives!…We've created offsite storage in case our photos get wet.…We've created remote access to our photos,…so that way we can share them when we're out and about.…
And we've created Prints and Books to help maintain that…connection for the future generations.…And we've created a Legacy, a Legacy that we can share…with family and friends and tell our story through images.…We've created a step-by-step guide to Build…a reliable backup of our images.…It's just taken a little Persistence,…but we can be proud of all that we've Accomplished.…If Disaster does happen to strike, I feel confident that we…can rebuild, restore, and preserve all of our images.…
Backup is important, but it's not enough. Using keywords and other organizational features is also important—but also not enough. A complete, long-term photo archiving strategy involves multiple techniques: identifying those shots you want to preserve for generations, and then taking the steps necessary to make that happen. In this course, photographer and family historian Erika Thornes outlines a roadmap for storing, sharing, and archiving your family's story through pictures. From culling and keywording, to backing up and producing archival prints and photo books, Erika details the steps that will make your collection of digital images accessible now and in the future.
- Getting organizing
- Culling the best images
- Saving two local copies of each photo
- Storing photos on the cloud
- Posting photos to social media
- Printing photos
- Accessing archived images easily