An introduction to the Lightroom capabilities for organizing, enhancing, and sharing photos.
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Jan Kabili, and this is Up and Running with Photoshop Lightroom 4. This streamlined course zeros in on what every photographer, hobbyist or pro needs to know to get started using Lightroom 4 to edit, organize and share photographs and video clips. In this course, I'll focus on core tasks, starting with how to import your photos into Lightroom's library. Then I'll show you practical techniques to organize your growing photo library so that you can quickly find particular photos later.
Next we'll turn to the Develop Module, the heart of Lightroom, where I'll walk you through a straightforward workflow for editing your photographs using the global controls in the Basic Panel. We'll talk about setting white balance, bringing detail back into highlights and shadows, and making colors pop. I'll show you how to correct part of a photo with the powerful adjustment brush and graduated filters. I'll even cover how to correct and trim video clips right here in Lightroom. We'll finish the course with a look at popular ways to share your work directly from Lightroom, including emailing, uploading to Facebook, printing, and creating stunning, professionally printed books to show off your best photos.
This course is designed to get you up and running with Lightroom 4 with the minimum of time and effort on your part. So let's jump right in and get started.
- What is Lightroom used for?
- Importing photos and videos
- Organizing your library with collections
- Adding keywords and ratings to photos
- Cropping and straightening photos
- Adjusting color and white balance
- Reducing digital noise
- Working with video
- Making changes with the Adjustment Brush and Graduated Filter tools
- Sharing photos on Facebook
- Printing photos